Saturday, May 14, 2011

An additional font possibility - Museo

I noted in the comments on April's earlier post that I have also been enjoying a font lately that has a few varieties available for free, called Museo. There are three weights of Museo you can get for free, and one weight of regular and italic each for Museo Slab and Museo Sans. Perhaps the Museo 700 or the Museo Slab 500 could work for headers, then to be complemented by Arial or Helvetica in body type? I'm posting a sample here of the different Museo fonts, as well as a header / subheader Museo and Museo Slab combo, with Arial in body text.

I've found it to be a quirky yet clean font that perhaps could embody the classic / hybrid aesthetic we are discussing. See what you think. And in case anyone would like to download for fun, here is the link: http://new.myfonts.com/search/museo/fonts/






2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm liking Museo. Seems like a best of both worlds option to me. I think the combination with Arial works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. Please don't use Arial. It's simply a poor imtiation of Helvetica. It's only redeeming factor is it is a reasonable default sans serif for web/system fonts.

    Museo has a good sized and versatile family. Museo Slab 300 looks like a good candidate for body type? Only $16.50. I am willing to buy it. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete